Friday, October 05, 2007

ACA goes after PKR whistleblowers

The headlines in sun2surf Oct 4th 2007 and Malaysiakini Lingam tape: Name source or face jail just reinforce the public perception that the ACA is not partial and lack transparency in executing their duties.

I have a number of layman questions which I hope the new ACA Director can answer:

1: Why are they in a hurry to find out who the whistle-blower is? What purpose would it serve?
2: Can the ACA give any guarantee of protection to the whistle-blower if he/she step forward?
3: The ACA say that the Star (correct correct correct) in the recording is not contactable - given the seriousness of the case - i am pretty sure there must be a law that ACA can use to compel that person to report in no matter where they are?
4: Why wasnt the rest of the players implicated being questioned till date?
5: What is the purpose of the ACA investigation? Why are they only interviewing the people who submit information rather than the alleged law breaker?

4 days after the ACA Director gave the Star Paper interview ACA wants to be respected, not feared we are shown his inefficiency, toothlessness and ineffectiveness in handling major cases.

And he want ACA to be respected? not feared? I assure you sir, I fear the ACA, i fear the SB, as a matter of fact I fear all this sleuth type of set up.

But my fear of you is not the same of the fear I have when I work in Spore. I fear the Spore authority because I know if I am caught and found guilty the law will take its course.

I fear your agency sir because based on the current event your department has shown that you only investigate the people who come forward and you have no qualms in invoking any laws to make the people who come forward life difficult.

I fear your agency sir because I dont know your leanings - is the agency working for the people or for the PM office or for the highest bidder?

No comments: